Interesting Area News
While you slept, showered, shaved, and got your Starbucks, we scanned the local papers, blogs and web sites and found the most interesting stories in them you might have missed.
- Have you bought your Mega Millions ticket yet? Pot’s at $500 million – the largest EVER (WUSA 9)
- The Old Town Farmer’s Market is altering its hours of operation (Old Town Alexandria Patch)
- Vigil for Trayvon Martin in Market Square in Old Town (Alexandria Times)
- Reminder: Telegraph Road north closed this weekend at the beltway (Carlyle Community)
- Brisk to start today but then, it’s going to be awesome (Capital Weather Gang)
- R.I.P. Army Specialist Dennis Weichel, a hero (Red Alexandria)
- NoVA residents battle to save local Post Offices (The State of NoVA)
- Gas prices surpass $4 a gallon in the area, will they go higher? (Washington Post)
- Report: toxic chemical releases decline in Virginia (NBC Washington)
Morning links sponsored by Carlyle’s Bike To Work Day pit stop – have you registered yet?