For our morning links, while you slept, showered, shaved, and got your Starbucks, we scanned the local papers, blogs, and websites to find the most interesting stories in them you might have missed.
- We will have some more sun today but we will have more heat and humidity as well with a strong cold front possibly bringing some strong storms tonight (WJLA)
- Traffic could move slower in the D.C. area Thursday as thousands of motorcyclists are expected to participate in the annual “2 Million Bikers to DC” ride. (NBC Washington)
- Ceremonies marking the 13th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks will be reserved for survivors and victims’ families in New York and at the Pentagon. (WUSA 9)
- Kids in the D.C. region and elsewhere in the U.S. are coming down with serious respiratory illnesses. (WTOP)
- A strong solar flare is blasting its way to Earth, but the worst of its power looks like it will barely skim above the planet and not cause many problems. (WTOP)