There’s still time to see Santa Claus before Christmas Day!
UPDATE (3:40 PM 12/08/2015): Added the Ladyburg event to the list. (H/T Danielle)
Last year when I took my one year old to see Santa, she freaked. I don’t blame her – a large stranger with a huge white beard surrounded by gleaming décor and blaring Christmas music isn’t exactly a calming experience for a baby. When the pictures came out, she looked terrified (so did the poor Santa) but I still bought the over-priced mall photo package because everyone mama needs that classic baby-crying-on-Santa’s-lap photo. If you’re looking to meet the jolly ol’ guy himself, here are a few of his pit stops in the area:
- Santa will be at Why Not? On December 12th from 12 to 3 pm.
- He’ll be making an appearance at the Alexandria Holiday Market on December 13th and 20th from 12 to 3 pm.
- Santa Jack Arthur and Mrs. Claus will be visiting Ladyburg on December 16th from 3- 8 pm. Professional photography will also be available while visiting with Santa and Mrs. Claus, details at the link. There is a $15 sitting fee per family to cover LadyBurg’s fee’s for hosting Santa. Select your time slot for your visit. You may come anytime during that 1 hour time slot. Sorry, no personal photography permitted…this includes cell phone pictures.
- You can always visit St. Nick at the Pentagon City Mall – make sure to make an appointment online to avoid a long wait!
- Santa and Mrs. Claus will be visiting Union Street Public House (be sure to make reservations online as there are no walk-ins!).
- For an absolute treat, have a visit from Santa in your home! This $200 package gets you a 30 minute visit with Santa in your home, where he will sing carols, read stories, and play games with your child – all while a professional photographer captures the moment.
- And finally, there’s nothing more authentically Old Town than seeing the waterskiing Santa on the Potomac on the Eve of Christmas!