City of Alexandria Announces Schedule of Services for 2016 Independence Day Holiday
All City of Alexandria, Virginia government offices will be closed on Monday, July 4, in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
NOTE: The Alexandria Police Department will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at metered spaces and residential permit parking districts on July 4. This suspension of enforcement applies only to the restrictions at legal parking spaces, and does not permit parking in any location normally prohibited (for example, no parking zones, loading zones, or spaces for persons with disabilities).
Here is the breakdown…
- Animal Shelter:The Vola Lawson Animal Shelter will be closed on July 4.
- Health Facilities:The Alexandria Health Department (4480 King St.), the Flora Krause Casey Health Center (1200 N. Howard St.), and the Teen Wellness Center at T.C. Williams High School (3330 King St.) will be closed on July 4.
- Historic Alexandria: Three Historic Alexandria sites will be open on July 4: The Lyceum (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.), and Gadsby’s Tavern Museum and the Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.). All other Office of Historic Alexandria museums will be closed. For more information, call 703.746.4554 or visit alexandriava.gov/Historic.
- Hotlines:All emergency hotlines operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including the child protective services hotline at 703.746.5800; the domestic violence hotline at 703.746.4911; the emergency services for mental health or substance abuse crisis hotline at 703.746.3401; the adult protective services hotline at 703.746.5778; and the sexual assault hotline at 703.683.7273.
- Libraries:All Alexandria Library branches will be closed on July 4.
- Parking:The Alexandria Police Department will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at metered spaces, residential permit parking districts and other areas with signed parking time limits, on Monday, July 4. This suspension of enforcement applies only to the restrictions at legal parking spaces, and does not permit parking in any location normally prohibited (for example, no parking zones, loading zones, or spaces for persons with disabilities). Temporary no-parking signs will be enforced on July 4.
- Pools:City pools are open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on July 4. Visit alexandriava.gov/Pools for more information.
- Recreation Centers:The Chinquapin Park Recreation Center will be open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., and the Charles Houston Recreation Center will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on July 4. All other City recreation centers will be closed.
- Resource Recovery: Residential refuse and recycling will not be collected on July 4. Collection services will be delayed by one day during the week of July 4. The Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Collections Drop-off Center will be closed on July 4.
- State Offices:The following Commonwealth of Virginia offices located in Alexandria will be closed on July 4: the Circuit, General District, and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court and Court Service Unit located in the Alexandria Courthouse at 520 King St., and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office on 2681 Mill Rd.
- Transit:Alexandria Transit Company’s DASH bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule on July 4. The King Street Trolley will operate every 10 minutes, between the King Street Metro Station and the Potomac River waterfront, from 10 a.m. to 10:15 p.m.