The Metropolitan Police Department and the District Department of Transportation would like to inform the public of street closures in conjunction with the Women’s March on Washington, scheduled for January 21, 2017.
The following streets will be closed starting at 3:00 am on Saturday, January 21, 2017, and will re-open at approximately 6:00 pm; or when safe to do so.
- 3rd Street, NW, from Constitution Avenue, NW, to C Street SW
- Independence Avenue, SW, from First Street, SW, to 6th Street, SW
- Maryland Avenue, SW, from First Street, SW, to Independence Avenue, SW
- 4th Street, NW, from Constitution Avenue, NW, to C Street, SW
Additionally, at approximately 1:00 pm there will be rolling street closures along the march route:
- West on Independence Avenue, SW, from 3rd Street, SW, to 14th Street, SW
- North on 14th Street, SW, to Constitution Avenue, NW,
- West on Constitution Avenue, NW, to 17th Street, NW, where the group will disband.
REMINDER: Due to the huge amount of people expected for the women’s march, Metro announced that it would open Metrorail two hours early and add trains on three (3) lines.
Motorists traveling in the area of this event may experience delays and should consider alternative routes, if possible. The Metropolitan Police Department and the District Department of Transportation would like to remind motorists to pay full attention whenever operating any motor vehicle and to be mindful of heavy pedestrian traffic that may be associated with special events. These street closings are subject to change without notice based upon unanticipated events and prevailing conditions.