UPDATE (12:40 PM): According to AFD, the call came out as a kitchen fire. The fire department arrived and it turned out to be a fire inside the oven that was contained. During the fire departments investigation, they also found the stove slightly pulled from the wall that caused a slight gas odor. The fire department extinguished the oven fire and mitigated the slight odor which eventually dissipated. No one was hurt or injured and everything is back to normal.
The 300 block of Oronoco Street is CLOSED this morning in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia for Alexandria Fire Department (AFD) activity. Have reached out to AFD for more information.
— Alexandria Police (@AlexandriaVAPD) August 23, 2016