Opportunities for First-time Homebuyers
The City of Alexandria’s Office of Housing is currently assisting with marketing the following restricted resale homeownership units:
- 2500 N. Van Dorn, Unit 813 – an efficiency unit in the Park Place condominiums. This unit is priced at $95,000.
- 5300 Holmes Run Parkway, Unit 603 – a 2-bedroom, 2 bath home in The Greenhouse Condominiums. The restricted resale price for this home is $274,035. Additional downpayment assistance of up to $50,000 for moderate-income buyer is available to assist with the purchase of this home. Call for more information.
- 5927 Quantrell Avenue,, Unit 104 (listing) – a one bedroom, one bath unit located in the Mayflower Square community. This unit is being offered through the City’s Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP). The City’s program partner, Rebuilding Together Alexandria, is currently completing renovations to the unit including new paint, carpeting and appliances. The price of this property is $123,925. The purchaser of this property may receive:
- up to $50,000 in purchase assistance through the City’s Flexible Homeownership Assistance Program
- a closing cost grant of up to $8,000, provided through NS
- a reduced interest rate first trust mortgage through the Virginia Housing Development Authority’s Community Homeownership Revitalization Program (CHRP)
Maximum gross annual incomes for this purchase are:
- One Person – $61,200
- Two People – $69,890
Interested buyers must live or work within the City of Alexandria to qualify.
For links to these listings and more information on eligibility requirements for these homes, please visit the Office of Housing webpage at alexandriava.gov/housing.