Carlyle Council Donates $100,000 to Alexandria’s Capital Bikeshare Operating Fund

Carlyle Council donates $100K to Alexandria, Virginia's Capital Bikeshare operating fund.

Photo credit Drew Hansen

This morning, during Bike to Work Day 2015 at the Carlyle Pit Stop, the Carlyle Council (CCC) donated $100,000 to the City of Alexandria, Virginia’s Capital Bikeshare operating fund. This was a one-time donation that was made due to an agreement with the City. CCC Board member Carol Goodart presented the check to Councilman Justin Wilson.

The CCC in Carlyle has helped bring two (2) Capital Bikeshare stations to the neighborhood, one at Dulany Gardens at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office campus and one at 1800 Duke Street in front of the SHRM building.

The CCC is charged with the management and upkeep of common elements of the Carlyle neighborhood, which is located just west of Old Town in Alexandria, Virginia. The CCC operates the largest Transportation Management Plan (TMP) in the City of Alexandria.